- 5 medium apples
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed and chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, optional
- Core apples, leaving bottoms intact. Peel top third of each apple; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the cranberries, brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon and nutmeg; spoon into apples.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until apples are tender. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Stuffed Apples
"My apples exploded in the crockpot in just over 2 hrs.!!! Apples went in looking picture perfect, came out like chunky applesauce (complete w/ lg. peel)! Next time I'll try baking in oven. Taste was good, but looked NOTHING like picture."
"Very very good and simple. I didn't have fresh or frozen cranberries, only dried, and it still was wonderful!"
"Delicious!! Since I was running short on time I put the apples in my covered stoneware baker and baked them at 350* for 30 minutes. Very happy with the results, will definitely make these again!"