If you're looking for something a little different to take to a carry-in dinner, try this pretty salad featuring couscous, dried cranberries and almonds. It's easy to make and good for you, too! —Jean Ecos Hartland, Wisconsin
- 1 package (10 ounces) plain couscous
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet yellow or red pepper
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare couscous according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl; fluff with a fork. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chilled.
- Stir in the cranberries, onions, yellow pepper and almonds. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, paprika, salt and pepper; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Nut Couscous Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p37
Reviews for Cranberry-Nut Couscous Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2012
"I have made this salad many times. It is pretty, colorful, and tastes great. Simple to make and easy to take for picnics or potlucks. A very light dish. You just want more and more!"