If you're looking for something a little different to take to a carry-in dinner, try this pretty salad featuring couscous, dried cranberries and almonds. It's easy to make and good for you, too! —Jean Ecos Hartland, Wisconsin
- 1 package (10 ounces) plain couscous
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet yellow or red pepper
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare couscous according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl; fluff with a fork. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chilled.
- Stir in the cranberries, onions, yellow pepper and almonds. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, paprika, salt and pepper; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Nut Couscous Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p37
Reviews for Cranberry-Nut Couscous Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2012
"I have made this salad many times. It is pretty, colorful, and tastes great. Simple to make and easy to take for picnics or potlucks. A very light dish. You just want more and more!"