Glazed chicken breasts are baked with corn bread stuffing mix that’s jazzed up with creamed corn, onion and celery. ”My mother gave me this quick and delicious recipe after she received it from a friend,” says Barbara Ramstack of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. TIP: “The glaze recipe can be doubled for those who like a tangy taste,” Barbara notes.
- 3 cups crushed corn bread stuffing
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing, corn, onion and celery. Spoon into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter and mustard; spoon over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Corny Chicken Bake in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p11
Reviews for Corny Chicken Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review