"I love combining different foods to see what I can come up with," writes Carolyn Wilson from Lyndon, Kansas. She puts last night's mashed potatoes to delicious use in these slightly crisp golden brown cakes.
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cream-style corn
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil,divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil; drop four 1/4 cupfuls of batter into skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining oil and batter. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Corn Potato Pancakes in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p49
Reviews for Corn Potato Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2015
"awesome recipe! made this to go with cooked fresh vegetables! family loved them"