Corn Bread Confetti Salad Recipe
This colorful and tasty salad is always well received at picnics and potlucks. Corn bread salads have long been popular in the South but may be new to people in other regions. No matter where you live, I think you'll like this one! -Jennifer Horst, Goose Creek, South Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:20-22 servings
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1. Prepare corn bread according to package directions. Cool completely; crumble.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the corn, beans, tomatoes, peppers, onions, bacon, cheese and crumbled corn bread.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 20-22 servings.
3/4 cup equals 285 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 582 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC