Corn Bread Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Combine the first five ingredients. Add milk, egg and butter; stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near center of bread comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Corn Bread(25)
Sort By :
This is definitely one of the best cornbread recipes I've had. Even the leftovers were moist! I did get a bit worried when my batter wouldn't "pour" like recipe suggested and I ended up "spreading" the batter with a knife, but the end result.....Yummy!!
Pardon me, BabyblueeyesJacque, your comment sounds like you've never had TastyKake's sweet corn cakes. They are suitable for toasting, then spreading with sweet butter. They are so scrumptious, you should try them & not knock sweet cornbread.
If u were raised eating sweet cornbread, then I can understand. I was raised eating this way. & Like Mark Lowlry says. U don't put sugar in cornbread. It a bread not a cake. Byt the way. If u don't know who Mark is. He is from the Gaither Gospel Music.
Virginia Beach. Va.
Good, basic corn bread recipe. I increase to 2 eggs. Makes the consistency less crumbly.
I agree 100% with BabyblueeyesJacque. why on earth would anyone want to put sugar in their cornbread?? UUUGGGHHHH YUCKY! Maybe its just a southern thing. As far as the recipe. I loved it. Sure it was a tad bland, but my husband & I loved it just the same with black bean and ham soup! :) We used it to sop of the liquid :) YUMMMM! Recommend it anyday of the week WITHOUT SUGAR!!!!!