Cinnamon Apple Salad Recipe
THIS RECIPE came from my mother. It's a family favorite and one I took with me when I left home. The color complements the holiday season. It's very pretty when cut into squares and served on a lettuce-lined plate. I also like that I can fix it a day ahead of time, especially when preparing a big holiday meal. -Lisa Andis, Morristown, Indiana
- 1/2 cup red-hot candies
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- In a bowl, dissolve candies in water (reheat if necessary). Add gelatin; stir to dissolve. Stir in applesauce. Pour half into an 8-in. square pan that has been lightly coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until firm. Cover and set remaining gelatin mixture aside at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, Miracle Whip, pecans and celery; spread over chilled gelatin mixture. Carefully pour remaining gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer. Chill overnight. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon Apple Salad in Reminisce November/December 1998, p45
Reviews for Cinnamon Apple Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review