- 2 cups Tomato Ground Beef Mix
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- In a large saucepan, combine the beef mix, tomato juice, consomme, potatoes, celery, carrots, peas and sugar. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables and rice are tender. Yield: 8-10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Chunky Beef Vegetable Soup
Sort By :
"Add some spices such as Italian seasoning, dried or fresh parsley, salt and pepper, steak seasoning, or flavored dry soup mix to jazz things up a bit."
"probably won't make this since there is no reply to "what is tomato ground beef mix" since October 2012...a year???? Come on people."
"Hi i have not made this soup yet> It sounds great but what is tomato ground beef mix??"