After driving my family crazy trying new recipes, I always return to this standby. These moist, comforting pork chops come out great every time. We love the rich gravy over the chops and mashed potatoes. -Loraine Van Broeck, Geneva, Illinois
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 to 8 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Hot mashed potatoes
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first four ingredients; set aside 3 tablespoons. Add pork chops to bag, one at a time, and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chops in butter on both sides; transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In the same pan, saute the onion, green pepper and mushrooms until tender. Stir in reserved flour mixture; gradually add milk until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice. Pour over chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until the meat is tender. Serve with potatoes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chops with Mushroom Gravy in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p29
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Chops with Mushroom Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review