- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 container (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (20 ounces each) refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a Dutch oven, combine the first five ingredients; cook and stir over medium heat until blended. Stir in potatoes.
- In a greased 13x9-in. or 3-qt. baking dish, layer a third of the hash brown mixture and 2/3 cup Swiss cheese; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon chives. Repeat layers. Top with remaining hash brown mixture and cheese; dot with butter.
- Bake, covered, 35 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 10-20 minutes longer or until edges begin to brown and potatoes are heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with remaining chives. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Chive & Onion Hash Brown Potatoes
Sort By :
"Very rich! I made in a deep 3qt pan. I think I will use the 9x13 next time as I suspect the potatoes may cook a bit better."
"Have not tried this yet, but looking forward to it. I'm thinking of making this at breakfast time and serve it with ham & eggs! :)"
"Could use light cream cheese for less calories. Good dish"
"Onions, potatoes and cheese?! Oh, my, all my favorite things together in one easy dish...I'm trying not to rush out and buy everything right now1 This will definitely be a "keeper" in my recipes for our ICU potlucks."
"Excellent dish! I made this today, as a side for the roast beef I made for dinner. I added 1/2 cup sliced scallions, but no other changes. The potatoes were creamy and delicious, with a crispy top and perfect onion flavor. This is a keeper!"