Chive & Onion Hash Brown Potatoes Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 container (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (20 ounces each) refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a Dutch oven, combine the first five ingredients; cook and stir over medium heat until blended. Stir in potatoes.
- In a greased 13x9-in. or 3-qt. baking dish, layer a third of the hash brown mixture and 2/3 cup Swiss cheese; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon chives. Repeat layers. Top with remaining hash brown mixture and cheese; dot with butter.
- Bake, covered, 35 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 10-20 minutes longer or until edges begin to brown and potatoes are heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with remaining chives. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Chive & Onion Hash Brown Potatoes
Sort By :
"Barb, you're a beautiful woman, and a good cook; love this recipe."
"Made the recipe as written. I'm a potato lover and thought this recipe was just average. Pretty bland in flavor. Will not make again, but will continue looking for something with a bit more flavor."
"Served this at a Christmas quilters dinner and got rave reviews."
"Very good - I used mild cheddar instead of Swiss and also added some grated Parmesan."
"this was absolutely scrumptious. When I read the ingredients I wasn't sure but it was a hit at my dinner party!!! gail borczyk, field editor"