- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Chipotle Cheeseburgers
Sort By :
To suit our tastes, doubled the chipotles, topped with pepper jack and served on bun with lettuce, tomato and avocado slices. Delicious!
Very good burger
Yum! These went over really well here - and they were so quick and easy.
These were great! We did ours with ground buffalo and pepper jack. We could handle a bit spicier for our tastes, we know to adjust for more peppers next time.
Sooo good!!! Very moist and so flovorful!! I did pump up the chipotles because we like spicy, and used pepper jack cheese because mozzarella did not sound right! but even my picky eater loved them!