- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 to 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
- In a large bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until blended. Pour 1-1/2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- Place chicken on grill rack, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 15 minutes. Turn; grill 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chili Sauce Chicken
Sort By :
"Our family absolutely loves this recipe. I make it just as it says and it is popular every single time even with my picky 6 year old!"
"Excellent recipe. Made as directed. Everyone loved it - said it was the best grilled chicken they've ever had. In case your tempted - don't cut back on the garlic!"
"This was great. I followed the directions exactly (using chicken broth). I removed the skin prior to cooking to cut down on fat. I also reserved some of the sauce prior to marinating and heated it in the microwave to serve with the chicken. Hubby and I really enjoyed this recipe! Will make again for sure!"
"We love this chicken!! I have used different variations (thighs, drumsticks, breasts) and tried it both on the grill and in the oven and it tastes great every time."
"This is one of our favorite recipes..it has such a great flavor instead of the basic bbq recipe"