Chili Sauce Chicken Recipe
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 to 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (4 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Remove 1/3 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Add chicken to bag; seal and turn to coat. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Grill, covered, skin side down, over medium heat for 20 minutes. Baste with half the reserved marinade. Turn; grill 10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chili Sauce Chicken(6)
Sort By :
This was great. I followed the directions exactly (using chicken broth). I removed the skin prior to cooking to cut down on fat. I also reserved some of the sauce prior to marinating and heated it in the microwave to serve with the chicken. Hubby and I really enjoyed this recipe! Will make again for sure!
We love this chicken!! I have used different variations (thighs, drumsticks, breasts) and tried it both on the grill and in the oven and it tastes great every time.
This is one of our favorite recipes..it has such a great flavor instead of the basic bbq recipe
Yummy! I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Was really good.
I did it in the slow cooker and used home made chili sauce and boneless skinless chicken breasts and cut it down for 2 people.
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >