- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch rubbed sage
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions. Stir in chilies, cumin, oregano and sage. Spread in a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream and dressing mix; set aside. Crumble half of the corn bread into a 13x9-in. dish. Layer with half of the beans, mayonnaise mixture, corn, tomatoes, green pepper, onions, bacon and cheese. Repeat layers (dish will be very full). Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Chili Corn Bread Salad
"This is very, very good. I'm only feeding a family of four so I used just 1 can of pinto beans and 1 can of shoepeg corn. Also, I cut down the green pepper and green onion to 1/4 cup each and sauteed them together for a couple of minutes. One family member won't eat mayo so I subbed plain greek yogurt and it tasted great. This dish tastes even better after being refrigerated for 24 hrs."
"This recipe just caught my attention and I had to try it. Thanks for sharing, will be a family recipe for sure!"
"I have made this for years, it also tastes really good as a dip with frito scoops!! Love it.."
"Decided to make this dish but never looked at the number of servings, until I was halfway through it. I like all the ingredients, so I thought why not. It definitely is good. Will be making it again for a large gathering.I did heat up the second plate and that was delicious as well as the cold one. I can see why people come home with empty bowls. Have never heard of it before now. Will be putting it with my other recipes to keep for future use."
"I typically am not a fan of Cornbread salad but when I saw the ingredients in this recipe I knew I had to try it. My Sunday School class were the recipients of it and they loved it as I did! Many requested the recipe so I know it will be a keeper!"
"I have to agree with all the other reviews.... absolutely delicious!!! Adding this to the recipe album..... only change I made was to use black beans instead of the pinto.... personal preference thanks for sharing!"
"I've made this for years. My family of 4 boys grew up eating it, and still love it today. It's a great summertime dish or for anytime. I can't leave it alone! Worth the prep time."
"A real pain in the arse to make, but you (and everybody else) will love it. It feeds at least 20 people. REALLY BIG!"
"I picked this recipe to make for a potluck and had to rely on my husband to prepare it. It was easy enough for him to put together AND was a real crowd pleaser. It tasted delicious and looked pretty in my serving dish as well. I will definitely be making this again!"