Chili Corn Bread Salad Recipe
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch rubbed sage
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions. Stir in chilies, cumin, oregano and sage. Spread in a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream and dressing mix; set aside. Crumble half of the corn bread into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Layer with half of the beans, mayonnaise mixture, corn, tomatoes, green pepper, onions, bacon and cheese. Repeat layers (dish will be very full). Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Chili Corn Bread Salad(19)
Sort By :
I've been making this for years, and it's always a hit. It's week worth the time it takes to make it.
I have made this many times over the years. It is a huge hit at pot lucks and with my family. The only reason why I don't make it more often is because of the time involved for the prep work.
I always get rave reviews from my company on this wonderful, hearty salad! And it actually lasts for days in the refrigerator.
This salad is always a hit no matter where I take it. I highly recommend it.
My family has been crazy about this salad since I first made it in 2000!