Chili Corn Bread Salad Recipe
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch rubbed sage
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions. Stir in chilies, cumin, oregano and sage. Spread in a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream and dressing mix; set aside. Crumble half of the corn bread into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Layer with half of the beans, mayonnaise mixture, corn, tomatoes, green pepper, onions, bacon and cheese. Repeat layers (dish will be very full). Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Chili Corn Bread Salad
Sort By :
"Everyone loves this dish. I add 1/2 lb. cooked grnd beef + 1/2 lb. cooked pork sausage to the bacon layer. Try warming your serving in the microwave for about 30 seconds & you'll eat even more of it."
"I make this using the Buttery Cornbread recipe from Best of Potluck by TOH. I leave out the chili's and other seasonings and cut out just the amount called for in this recipe. I also added a can of black beans and I use 1 package thawed frozen corn instead of canned. This is good stuff! My kids and husband love it. It is even better after a day or two in the fridge and the cornbread never gets soggy."
"I've been making this for years, and it's always a hit. It's week worth the time it takes to make it."
"I have made this many times over the years. It is a huge hit at pot lucks and with my family. The only reason why I don't make it more often is because of the time involved for the prep work."
"I always get rave reviews from my company on this wonderful, hearty salad! And it actually lasts for days in the refrigerator."