Instead of ordinary bread crumbs, seasoned crushed corn chips coat these slightly crunchy chicken fingers. If your family likes food with some zip, use the full 1-1/2 teaspoons of chili powder. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup crushed corn chips
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another shallow bowl, beat egg. Dip chicken in egg, then roll in corn chip mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook half of the chicken in 2 tablespoons butter for 8-10 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Repeat with remaining chicken and butter. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chili Chicken Strips in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2001, p
Reviews for Chili Chicken Strips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review