In Hanover, Ontario, Denise Elder blends tangy tropical flavors for the fresh and sassy salsa that tops her tender chicken entree. You can grill the chicken, if you like.
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped celery
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the mango, tomato, cilantro, jalapeno, onion, celery, lime juice and peel. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Serve with salsa. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Mango Salsa in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p52
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken with Mango Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review