- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups frozen grilled chicken breast strips, thawed and chopped
- 3/4 cup green enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Pico de gallo and sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, corn, zucchini and poblano pepper; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until tender. Add chicken, enchilada sauce, cilantro, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Brush remaining oil over one side of each tortilla. Place half of the tortillas on two baking sheets, oiled side down. Sprinkle each with 1/2 cup cheese and top with 1 cup chicken mixture, remaining cheese and tortillas, oiled side up.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. If desired, serve with pico de gallo and sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Verde Quesadillas
"These were pretty good, and something different to make. But after eating them, I'm not sure if I am a huge fan of the green sauce. I liked that they had zucchini and corn in them. I do not like cilantro, so I omitted that. I think I would make them again but using the traditional sauce."
"This was delicious! The only thing I changed was a used leftover rotiserre chicken so it wouldn't go to waste. The only thing I would change is to spice it up a little if you like spicy foods. Next time I will use some cayenne pepper and maybe a little jalapeno."
"I left out the chicken and added black beans instead. Yummy!"