Chicken Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring broth and water to a boil; add chicken. Reduce heat; cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients; cook 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Chicken Tortellini Soup
Sort By :
Flavorful, simple and quick to make and, best of all, very healthy!! This will go into the "soup rotation" schedule at our house! :)
We made this using the body and scrap meat of a whole chicken we cut up another night. By doing that, we cooked it will all broth. Everything went together well. My husband preferred to soak up the broth with bread then add cheese to all the bits. I enjoyed it sans cheese.
Tastes great, easy to prepare. A favorite in our home!
This soup has a very tasty blend of seasonings & is very easy to make. The tortellini is a nice variation from noodles. I used fresh cauliflower & broccoli in place of the frozen veggies & used leftover chicken.. This makes a thick soup. which I like, but some people might prefer to add more broth.
I love this recipe! Simple and quick for those days that I don't want spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Canned chicken works well with this recipe.