- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth, divided
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow dish, combine the egg substitute, 2 tablespoons wine or broth, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic and hot pepper sauce. In another shallow dish, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, parsley and salt. Coat chicken with flour mixture, dip in egg substitute mixture, then coat again with flour mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown four chicken breast halves in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Drain drippings. Repeat with remaining chicken and oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt butter. Add the remaining wine or broth and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, until sauce is reduced by a fourth. Drizzle over chicken. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Piccata with Lemon Sauce
Sort By :
"This recipe was delicious! DH called it "a keeper". As suggested by another reviewer, I doubled the sauce, then served it over angel hair."
"This one is a family favorite, have been making it for years. My husband didn't believe me when I told him it was a "Light" recipe!"
"This is fabulous. I used white whole wheat flour, and less of it, more cheese, and threw in some capers in the sauce. Delicious, even warmed up the next night!"
"So delicious! I wasn't sure how it would turn out bc I had never eaten chicken piccata before, but it was so tasty. I changed the sauce a bit; adding some sauteed mushrooms for flavor and a bit of cornstarch to thicken it slightly. Yummy! Two thumbs up from my hungry bf :)"