- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Stir in the chicken, onion, peppers, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Add noodles and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Noodle Casserole
Sort By :
Nice flavor but on the dry side. I added peas and put breadcrumbs over the top with cooking spray. I would make this agaim but add a cup of milk to make this a bit creamier.
This was very good, although I did add frozen mixed veggies, and 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
I just made this and skipped the belle peppers since I'm not a fan. Also used only sharp cheddar and macaroni noodles cause that's all I had on hand. Amazing. I think I will make it the same way every time now but puree the onions since my hubby and teen son don't enjoy crunching on anything.
Loved this recipe! I added mushrooms, carrots and peas to it and it was great. I'll definitely be making this again.
Delicious. I also doubled the soup, mayo, and lemon juice...I like my noodles saucy!