- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Stir in the chicken, onion, peppers, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Add noodles and toss to coat.
Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender and cheese is melted.
Freeze option: Sprinkle remaining cheeses over unbaked casserole. Cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Noodle Casserole
Sort By :
"This has been a family favorite for many years. My only addition is 1/2 cup milk to combat the dryness that some have mentioned."
"Fearing it would be dry, I added 1 additional can of cream of chicken soup and 1/2 cup sour cream, and that kept it nice and moist during baking. I also added 1 tsp garlic powder and some extra cheese. The results were very yummy. Easily a good comfort food dish--and the hubby loved it."
"This was pretty good!"
"Nice flavor but on the dry side. I added peas and put breadcrumbs over the top with cooking spray. I would make this agaim but add a cup of milk to make this a bit creamier."
"This was very good, although I did add frozen mixed veggies, and 1/2 tsp garlic powder."