Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in
- a large skillet, saute chicken and onion in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Add the garlic, salt and cayenne; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended.
- Gradually add the half-and-half, peas and cheese. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Drain fettuccine; toss with chicken mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Sort By :
"Yummy and quick!"
"My family really enjoyed this recipe. Who knew you could make Alfredo sauce from scratch...until this recipe (grin). I did knock down the cayenne from 1/8 teas to just a dash, and it was awesome. I've also prepared the recipe, but used rice in lieu of pasta for a change...like it too. Thank you!"
"Overall the whole family liked this recipe. the 6 oz of noodles weren't near enough for 2 adults and 2 teenage boys though. And next time I will be adding a skinless, boneless chicken thigh as the meat didn't have enough flavor."
"this recipe is not good. The sauce wasn't creamy and it tasted boring."
"This recipe is so easy to make, and quite delicious. It's hard to believe an alfredo dish could be this low in calories. I am adding this recipe to my list of easy, quick and delicious meals -"