- 4 whole broiler/fryer chickens (3 to 4 pounds each)
- 10 quarts water
- 3 bunches celery, chopped
- 2 pounds carrots, sliced
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 jars (8 ounces each) chicken base
- 1/4 cup dried parsley flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-1/2 pounds uncooked fine egg noodles
- Divide chickens and water between two stockpots. Slowly bring to a boil over low heat. Cover and simmer for 2 hours or until meat is tender, skimming the surface as foam rises. Remove chickens from broth; set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Add the celery, carrots, onions, chicken base and parsley to the pots; season with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Stir into soup. Remove chicken meat from bones; cut into bite-size pieces. Add to soup; heat through. Yield: 64 servings (1 cup each).
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken and Vegetable Noodle Soup
"Very tasty. Only thing I would do differently is store it without the noodles and fresh cook the noodles at the time I want to serve it. Noodles tend to get mushy and the starch from them changes the broth flavor."