I decided to give a Chicago-style dog a healthy twist for my family. Our kids love it. You can use other fresh toppings to please just about anyone. —Gregg May, Columbus, Ohio
Recommended: 45 Comfort Food Mashups
- 4 turkey hot dogs
- 4 thin sandwich pickle slices
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: prepared mustard, shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese and sport peppers or other pickled hot peppers
- Prepare hot dogs according to package directions. To serve, place pickle, cucumber, tomatoes and onion on center of tortillas. Add hot dogs and toppings as desired. Fold up tortillas over filling. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicago-Style Hot Dogs in Ultimate Guide to Grilling 2014, p88
Reviews for Chicago-Style Hot Dogs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review