- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Chocolate whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cherries and brandy. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Combine oil and milk; using a fork, stir oil mixture into flour mixture just until blended. Pat evenly onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate; set aside. Drain cherries, reserving 1 tablespoon brandy; set aside.
- For the filling, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and reserved brandy. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in the pecans, chocolate and cherries; pour into prepared pastry.
- Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Chocolate Pecan Pie in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p144
Reviews for Cherry Chocolate Pecan Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2013
"Haven't tried, but photo shows double crust and recipe does not, I would not use a double crust, please correct or verify. thanks."