Cheesy Texas Toast Recipe
"My husband and I love garlic bread, but it's such a waste for just the two of us, so I came up with this cheesy recipe," relates LaDonna Reed, a field editor from Ponca City, Oklahoma. "You can prepare it in a few minutes, and it's tasty, too!"
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Chopped green onions or parsley, optional
- Spread butter over bread. Sprinkle with garlic powder and cheese. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with onions or parsley if desired. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Texas Toast in Taste of Home October/November 2003, p12
Reviews for Cheesy Texas Toast(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review