- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream and soup. Stir in the potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, onion, butter, salt and pepper. Pour into a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Hash Browns in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005, p25
Reviews for Cheesy Hash Browns
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2010
"added ham & 1/2 cup chicken broth. very good"