Field editor Ardyce Piehl of Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin notes, "This hearty casserole tastes like lasagna and makes a satisfying meal when served with a green salad and crusty garlic bread."
Recommended: 35 Easy Dinners to Try This Winter
- 4 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, onions and green pepper. Drain noodles; place half in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half of the meat and cheese mixtures. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Beef Casserole in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p18
Reviews for Cheesy Beef Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2015
"A great go to recipe & yummy"
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2014
"Easy to make and very tasty. We liked the green onion and and green pepper in the cheese layer."
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2010
"My family loves this. It's often requested for birthday meals."
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2008
"Re: Cheesy Beef casseroleMy favorite recipe of all time from Taste of Home and related magazines. Try it!!"
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2008