- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 3 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Minced chives
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in macaroni, broth, milk, ketchup, steak seasoning, mustard and onion powder; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir in cheese until melted. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet
"This was easy, quick and wonderful. It reminds me of my Mom's American Chop Suey recipe but without the heavy tomato base. The whole family loved it. I had no problem with too much liquid or not thick enough. It was great! Thank you for sharing we will be making this again."
"This is a keeper! I think the flavors work very well together, particularly the addition of the steak seasoning. I used whole milk because it's what I had on-hand and I used slightly more than the 3 cups of broth (I used two cans which is almost four cups), but the recipe turned out wonderfully."
"This has quickly become a family favorite. Easy to make, and if there are leftovers, they heat up great for lunches later in the week."
"I just made this today (7/10/14) and it is a huge hit even with my little guy that doesn't like Hamburger Helper. I did it exactly like the recipe with out problems. I'm not sure why anyone would have problems with it thickening unless they didn't read the ingredients to see that it is uncooked pasta. I will be making it again!"
"Simple, family friendly dinner!"
"I only added 1 cup of beef broth and it was the perfect amount. Next time I will use Webber's Gourmet Hamburger seasoning instead of steak seasoning. Easy, fast and perfect for a weeknight dinner."
"Way too bland for my family. So, I added garlic and chili powder, still not very good. I would not recommend. I did not have too much broth as others mentioned."
"The dish was okay. I added more pasta which absorbed the extra liquid."
"Great flavor and so easy to make. Did not have a problem with thickening. I made a salad and chocolate pudding for dessert...my family was happy."
"This is very tasty. The recipe does not instruct you to thicken and having to do so makes it less easy. I think Taste of Home should check the amount of beef broth; it's way too much."