Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 3 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Minced chives
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in macaroni, broth, milk, ketchup, steak seasoning, mustard and onion powder; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir in cheese until melted. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet
Sort By :
I just made this today (7/10/14) and it is a huge hit even with my little guy that doesn't like Hamburger Helper. I did it exactly like the recipe with out problems. I'm not sure why anyone would have problems with it thickening unless they didn't read the ingredients to see that it is uncooked pasta. I will be making it again!
Simple, family friendly dinner!
I only added 1 cup of beef broth and it was the perfect amount. Next time I will use Webber's Gourmet Hamburger seasoning instead of steak seasoning. Easy, fast and perfect for a weeknight dinner.
Way too bland for my family. So, I added garlic and chili powder, still not very good. I would not recommend. I did not have too much broth as others mentioned.
The dish was okay. I added more pasta which absorbed the extra liquid.