Hamburger Mac Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) tomato juice
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Add the tomato juice, macaroni, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 291 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1620mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Jan 9, 2017
As written, this recipe turns out fairly bland. The plus side is that this recipe is easily customized with cheeses and/or spices. I usually add either some taco seasoning and cheddar or at least use seasoned salt like that from Lowry and extra garlic.
Sep 24, 2016
Much like my favorite meal growing up in western Ohio. My NY-raised hubby found it too bland.
Jan 22, 2013
Jul 24, 2012
Was ok and that was after I added a lot of spices and cheese..
Jun 19, 2012
I found this a little salty. Next time I think I will cut the salt in half. My husband said it was fine though. I enjoyed the overall dish though...nice, simple and tasty!
Jan 5, 2012
I had to improvise and use V8 juice instead of tomato juice. I also added some shredded sharp and pizza cheese. My children loved it!
Sep 25, 2011
instead of using the plain tomato sauce...i had a can of meatloaf sauce from a certain maker. ..already has green peppers ect in it...used garlic powder...it turned out pretty good...we used to call something like this "goulash" i love how noodles absorb the tomato sauce...yummy
Mar 8, 2011
Pros - Easy, one skillet, actually makes enough for three. Cons - little bland, I added some Italian Seasoning but it was still missing "something" - next time I will add some mushrooms and some mini pepperoni