Hamburger Macaroni Skillet
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, macaroni, vegetables, water, garlic powder, basil and oregano.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 281 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Jan 14, 2016
I have been making this for 40 years. I substitute beef broth for the water.
Mar 1, 2015
I am making this right now. I added onion soup mix and chicken broth instead of water. Very easy to make.
Feb 3, 2014
I followed the recipe exactly. I was very disappointed and would not make again. I don't know if there wasn't enough liquid to properly cook the noodles, but the noodles turned out gummy. Also the overall flavor was too sweet.
Dec 15, 2013
This recipe is quick, easy and delish! Had unexpected company and whipped this together with some hot rolls, very good!
Nov 8, 2013
I dont like the tomato soup in it so i exchanged a 2 cans tomato sauce and and can of diced tomatoes drained ( i usually use a can of ROTEL diced tomatoes and Green chiles but didnt have any) I added fresh Hatch NM Green Chiles....delicious!
Sep 20, 2012
I tweeked this recipe a little bit I added half a jar of sauce and water, i think that an extra can of tomatoe soup and can of diced tomatoes would have worked well but i only had 2 cans of the soup. I also added a few pinches of chili powder. No leftovers so it must have been good. thanks!
May 12, 2010
it was sweet, my family and i did not like this! i will not make again!!
Jan 9, 2010
Fairly quick, easy and very tasty!! It was a hit with my family!!
Jan 5, 2010
Could use a little salt
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.