- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Place butter into a deep 10-in. ovenproof skillet. Place in a 400° oven for 4-6 minutes or until melted.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the corn bread mix, eggs, milk and yogurt until blended. Stir in corn and cheese. Pour into hot skillet.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into wedges.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and honey. Serve with warm corn bread. Yield: 1 loaf (12 wedges).
Originally published as Cheddar Skillet Corn Bread in Recipe Cards Winter 2008, p77
Reviews for Cheddar Skillet Corn Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review