Cheddar Chicken Potpie Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups peeled cubed potatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For crust, in a small bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut butter in flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add the water, mixing gently with a fork. Gather into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 30 minutes.
- For filling, Place broth in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Add vegetables. Reduce heat; simmer 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and milk; stir into broth mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and bubbly. Stir in cheese, chicken, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Heat until cheese melts. Spoon into a 10-in. (2-1/2 to 3-qt.) casserole. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll crust to fit top of casserole, trimming edges as necessary. Place on casserole over filling; seal edges. Make several slits in center of crust for steam to escape.
- Bake at 425° for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cheddar Chicken Potpie(27)
Sort By :
This is going to be a new favorite for leftovers. We have also used leftover Turkey from a big holiday. My Family requests this
Made this tonight. It is awesome!!! My family loved it. Tje only thing I might do differently next time is add peas. Other than that this will absolutely be a regular meal at my house. :-) Thanks so much for sharing Sandra! !!
Wonderful recipe ! ! Love the cheesy flavor. I tweeked with cream of chicken soup & a few kinds of cheese. I made up the filling and used individual 5 inch pie pans. Used Crescent rolls instead of the pie crust and everybody loved it. Had just enough for lunch for my husband and me the next day. Thank you
Excellent recipe for a cold night. We loved the cheese in the sauce. I also used Philsbury dough to cut down the time and it worked well. I cooked at 425 for 10 minutes than dropped the heat to about 215 for 40 minutes. It was great. My husband thought it needed a bit more spice-I just used the poultry seasoning and salt/pepper but that's easy to adjust. I will make this again for sure.
Delicious recipe. I used a thawed pie crust for the top of the pot pie. Worked out great. Also added a few extra seasonings (thyme, basil & oregano).
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pot Pie Recipes >
- Chicken Potpie Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >