Easy Cheddar Chicken Potpie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for stew, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1 jar (12 ounces) chicken gravy
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- Combine vegetables and gravy in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; stir in cheese and chicken. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Pour into a greased 2-qt. round or 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Combine biscuit mix and thyme in a small bowl. In another bowl, whisk eggs and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls over chicken mixture; spread gently.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° until golden brown, 23-27 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 481 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 146mg cholesterol, 977mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 23, 2018
This would get a better rating if you used some bold seasonings when cooking the chicken.
Feb 11, 2018
I changed this up a bit. I used chicken breasts and pepper, salt, garlic and lemon pepper. After I baked, I diced up and added to the veggie mixture. I used Grands biscuits instead of a bake mix. We really liked it. Super easy.
Apr 12, 2017
This one let me down. It was bland. On the plus side, it was very easy to make. It might be better with some seasonings, but I do not think we will have it again.
Jun 12, 2014
Oh boy, this sounds good! disappointed there is not the usual Nutritional Value listed. That said, will have to **presume** there are 4 carbs in this dish. j.
Jan 8, 2014
We enjoyed this recipe on a cold night. I did use a chicken gravey mix and it seemed fine.
Oct 11, 2012
I had high hopes for this recipe. It was to dry & had no taste. If you are going to make this here are some tips. Use 2 jars of gravy, use 2 cans of mixed veggies and add some type of seasonings. I was going to also try it with beef, but not anymore.
Sep 10, 2012
This was rather bland and had too much breading. The frozen vegetables really didn't help either. I would recommend fresh vegetables and less topping.
Sep 9, 2012
The entire family enjoyed this! The only thing I did different was use a mix for the gravy and I made 2 cups. It was yummy!
Sep 9, 2012
Super easy and fast to make on a busy evening. And best of all, it's delicious!