Cheddar Chicken Potpie Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups peeled cubed potatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For crust, in a small bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut butter in flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add the water, mixing gently with a fork. Gather into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 30 minutes.
- For filling, Place broth in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Add vegetables. Reduce heat; simmer 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and milk; stir into broth mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and bubbly. Stir in cheese, chicken, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Heat until cheese melts. Spoon into a 10-in. (2-1/2 to 3-qt.) casserole. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll crust to fit top of casserole, trimming edges as necessary. Place on casserole over filling; seal edges. Make several slits in center of crust for steam to escape.
- Bake at 425° for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cheddar Chicken Potpie
Sort By :
"Turned out perfect and everyone went back for seconds!"
"So Good! I cheated and used refrigerated pie crust... Still delicious!"
"Very good. My family loved it. Easy to make."
"Very good. I used a store bought crust, never been good at making my own. Also added peas. Otherwise, followed the recipe. Makes a huge pie! Will try the puff pastry next time. Hubby liked it. A keeper."
"This is like the chicken pot pie that I am making for dinner. Cheese sounds good but I am leaving it out of the dish. To make sauce I melt butter then stir in flour than add broth and milk. stirring until thick."