Cheddar Cauliflower Quiche Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons cold milk
- 4 cups chopped fresh cauliflower, cooked
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk until mixture forms a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Unwrap dough. On a floured surface; roll out to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Place in pie plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- Spoon cauliflower into crust; top with almonds. In a blender, combine eggs, milk, mayonnaise, 1-1/4 cups cheese, nutmeg and pepper; cover and process until smooth. Pour over almonds; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Cheddar Cauliflower Quiche(2)
Sort By :
This recipe is terrific. I ended up cutting it in half as it's only me. I would definitely make this for a party or dinner with friends. It's in the recipe box now. I did not make any substitutions. I just didn't make the crust.
My husband and I are on the low carb diet so I made this without the crust. I also used half sharp cheddar and half swiss instead of the 6oz. cheddar and it was wonderful! I will make this again and again.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >