A dear friend shared this recipe one year when we both had an abundance of cauliflower from our gardens. My husband and I enjoy this so much that I make it for breakfast, lunch and dinner! —Tracy Watson, Hobson, Montana
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons cold milk
- 4 cups chopped fresh cauliflower, cooked
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk until mixture forms a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Unwrap dough. On a floured surface; roll out to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Place in pie plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- Spoon cauliflower into crust; top with almonds. In a blender, combine eggs, milk, mayonnaise, 1-1/4 cups cheese, nutmeg and pepper; cover and process until smooth. Pour over almonds; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Cauliflower Quiche in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p68
Reviews for Cheddar Cauliflower Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review