- 2 cedar grilling planks
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chipotle hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 salmon fillets (5 ounces each)
- Soak grilling planks in water for at least 1 hour.
- In a food processor, combine the blackberries, wine, brown sugar, honey, hot pepper sauce, 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; cover and process until blended. Strain and discard seeds. Stir shallots and garlic into the sauce; set aside.
- Place planks on grill over medium-high heat. Cover and heat until planks create a light to medium smoke and begin to crackle, about 3 minutes (this indicates planks are ready). Turn planks over.
- Sprinkle salmon with remaining salt and pepper. Place on planks. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with sauce. Yield: 6 servings (3/4 cup sauce).
Originally published as Cedar Plank Salmon with Blackberry Sauce in Country Woman June/July 2009, p37
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cedar Plank Salmon with Blackberry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2014
"After reading the article on Planked Fish, I made this salmon without the sauce. Delicious! It's a keeper. Can't wait for summer again!"
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2012
"Cut the sauce recipe in half"