Cedar Plank Salmon with Blackberry Sauce Recipe
- 2 cedar grilling planks
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chipotle hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 salmon fillets (5 ounces each)
- Soak grilling planks in water for at least 1 hour.
- In a food processor, combine the blackberries, wine, brown sugar, honey, hot pepper sauce, 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; cover and process until blended. Strain and discard seeds. Stir shallots and garlic into the sauce; set aside.
- Place planks on grill over medium-high heat. Cover and heat until planks create a light to medium smoke and begin to crackle, about 3 minutes (this indicates planks are ready). Turn planks over.
- Sprinkle salmon with remaining salt and pepper. Place on planks. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with sauce. Yield: 6 servings (3/4 cup sauce).
Originally published as Cedar Plank Salmon with Blackberry Sauce in Country Woman June/July 2009, p37
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cedar Plank Salmon with Blackberry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2014
After reading the article on Planked Fish, I made this salmon without the sauce. Delicious! It's a keeper. Can't wait for summer again!
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2012
Cut the sauce recipe in half