Cashew Chicken with Noodles Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 6 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, cornstarch and garlic. Add chicken. In a large skillet, saute chicken mixture in peanut and sesame oils until no longer pink. Add onions; cook 1 minute longer.
- Drain noodles; stir into skillet. Add cashews and chili sauce and heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Cashew Chicken with Noodles(35)
Sort By :
Love the flavor of this! I brown chicken in oils . Then add 1-1/2 cup chicken broth , THEN add soy sauce/ cornstarch mixture. Then continue as directed ( add some veggies) Quick and so yummy!
'lorstout' I'm going to honor and up your rating with REALLY disappointed with this recipe. Wish I'd read reviews earlier...it's desperate for at least 1.5 cups of chicken broth to make all that cornstarch work?...which I added...which dilutes all flavor as there's not enough of a base. This recipe has promise but needs a little love.
A little disappointed with this recipe. I added red pepper flakes and some other Asian spices to give it some flavor as it was a bit bland.
I have a question about the sweet chili sauce. I have Chinese chili sauce (almost a paste) that is super hot - too hot to put two tablespoons into any recipe. What is the sweet chili sauce?
VERY good ! I did add some pea pods to this recipe
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cashew Chicken >
- Cashew Chicken Recipes >
- Cashew Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >