- 8 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 6 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, cornstarch and garlic. Add chicken. In a large skillet, saute chicken mixture in peanut and sesame oils until no longer pink. Add onions; cook 1 minute longer.
- Drain noodles; stir into skillet. Add cashews and chili sauce and heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Cashew Chicken with Noodles
"This was delicious. I find soy sauce a little too harsh as the only flavor so I added 1 1/2 T. of brown sugar to soy sauce mixture. Did everything else as recipe called for. House smelled wonderful and family was very satisfied. Added this recipe to my Go To file because it was not only delicious but quick, easy and inexpensive. You can't ask for better."
"Love this recipe! I added carrots, broccoli, and snow peas and it was delicious! Definitely will be making this again and again. Probably will try it with brown rice next time to see which we like better."
"Really delicious! I modified a bit for our taste, adding broccoli and carrot and using just a bit of sesame oil as the flavor can be overwhelming. Can't wait to make this again!"
"We were afraid of the chili sauce, but could have handled even a little more than the 2 tbsp. We used stir-fry noodles in place of the rice ones. Everyone loved it, but our family does have a love affair with soy sauce."
"I took the advice of some and adapted the recipe for more sauce by thinning it with coconut water (which I happened to be drinking at the time). I also added broccoli and mushrooms to up the veggies. I made rice instead of noodles. The flavor was good, but way too salty. Next time I'll add some water chestnuts for additional crunch (besides the cashews) and use less soy sauce. A decent, basic recipe."
"So easy and delicious!"
"Just had this for dinner... Added chicken broth as suggested. Added more chili Sauce as suggested. Added more cashews...then added more soy sauce. Kept trying to add some life to this, but it was just SO dull and bland. It wasn't horribly"bad" but it wasn't memorable either. Won't be making again."