- 8 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 6 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, cornstarch and garlic. Add chicken. In a large skillet, saute chicken mixture in peanut and sesame oils until no longer pink. Add onions; cook 1 minute longer.
- Drain noodles; stir into skillet. Add cashews and chili sauce and heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Cashew Chicken with Noodles
"I took the advice of some and adapted the recipe for more sauce by thinning it with coconut water (which I happened to be drinking at the time). I also added broccoli and mushrooms to up the veggies. I made rice instead of noodles. The flavor was good, but way too salty. Next time I'll add some water chestnuts for additional crunch (besides the cashews) and use less soy sauce. A decent, basic recipe."
"So easy and delicious!"
"This was a great fast and easy meal. The only thing I'd do different is add more of the chili sauce. My whole family enjoyed it, even my picky one."
"Just had this for dinner... Added chicken broth as suggested. Added more Chili Sauce as suggested. Added more cashews...then added more soy sauce. Kept trying to add some life to this, but it was just SO dull and bland. It wasn't horribly"bad" but it wasn't memorable either. Won't be making again."
"I followed other folks' suggestions and used 1 cup of chicken broth to the sauce. Excellent dish, easy to throw together and dinner was on the table in minutes. Much cheaper than takeout! Will make again."