Caramel Custard Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large heavy saucepan, cook and stir 3/4 cup sugar over low heat until sugar is melted and golden. Pour into eight 6-oz. custard cups, tilting to coat bottom of cup; let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, vanilla and remaining sugar until combined but not foamy. Pour over caramelized sugar.
- Place the cups in two 8-in. square baking pans. Pour boiling water in pans to a depth of 1 in. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks.
- To unmold, run a knife around rim of cup and invert onto dessert place. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Caramel Custard(5)
Sort By :
The best part of this yummy dish is its only four simple ingredients which most people usually have on hand. We make this in our home quite often since its quite simple and taste so good.
Back to the reason the comments area is here for. This is a great recipe. Tried it first at home and now it is a staple at our little hometown diner. Thanks for sharing such a great and quick dessert. We also have people that are requesting them for breakfast.
That wasn't very nice luvjim. Maybe elorsmom is just starting to cook. Didn't you have to learn at one time or are you one of those people who just knows everything?
It is from the caremelized sugar from the first step in the recipe. DUH!
Where do you get the sauceseenin the picture?