Fantastic Flan Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh raspberries and blackberries
- Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the eggs, milk, condensed milk, sugar, vanilla and salt; cover and process until smooth. Pour filling into crust.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover edges with foil the last 20 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with fruit. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 389 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Dec 13, 2017
This pie is absolutely delicious! I made the pie exactly but I did add my own toppings - After the pie was cooked and cooled I added 1/4 cup sugar syrup (the same as how you would make for cream cheese flan). I then let it cool again then added a topping of a whipped cream mixture (1/2 cup sour cream, 2 Tbs sugar, and 1/2 tsp vanilla exact mix together until sugar dissolves, then fold in 1/2 cup whipping cream-whipped), then top with fruit. I will definitely be making this recipe again. Its a keeper!!
Feb 7, 2010
This is getting ridiculous: I rate something five-stars, but when I submit, it will show a three- or four-star rating. I don't get it! This is a wonderful pie and I'm irked that my rating can't be changed.