Fantastic Flan Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh raspberries and blackberries
- Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the eggs, milk, condensed milk, sugar, vanilla and salt; cover and process until smooth. Pour filling into crust.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover edges with foil the last 20 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with fruit. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 389 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 13, 2017
This pie is absolutely delicious! I made the pie exactly but I did add my own toppings - After the pie was cooked and cooled I added 1/4 cup sugar syrup (the same as how you would make for cream cheese flan). I then let it cool again then added a topping of a whipped cream mixture (1/2 cup sour cream, 2 Tbs sugar, and 1/2 tsp vanilla exact mix together until sugar dissolves, then fold in 1/2 cup whipping cream-whipped), then top with fruit. I will definitely be making this recipe again. Its a keeper!!
Feb 7, 2010
This is getting ridiculous: I rate something five-stars, but when I submit, it will show a three- or four-star rating. I don't get it! This is a wonderful pie and I'm irked that my rating can't be changed.