Calgary Stampede Ribs Recipe
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons each salt, pepper, chili powder and ground cumin
- BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Rub ribs with garlic; place in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 2 hours. Cool slightly. Combine the seasonings and rub over ribs. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; set aside 3/4 cup. Brush ribs with some of the remaining sauce.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 12 minutes, turning and basting with sauce. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Calgary Stampede Ribs
Sort By :
"Used this recipe on venison ribs and it turned out great!"
"TOTALLY AWESOME!!! CAN'T GO WRONG WITH THIS RECIPE!!"
"Amazing!!! Incredible!!! I impressed myself with these fantastic ribs. I made them exactly as the recipe stated. My husband loved these. I will definitely be making these again!!"
"I served these ribs twice in the past 3 weeks and got rave reviews both times! I love that you can cook them ahead and then let the rub to sit overnight. This makes the actual serving part very simple- just a few minutes on the grill. The recipe only calls for 1/8 tsp cayenne so we did not find it overpowering. The folks I served these too thought the sauce made the ribs. I was a fan myself and will definitely keep this as my go-to rib recipe."