Even folks who don't usually care for cabbage will love this side dish. A perfectly seasoned herb butter makes it irresistible.—Iola Egle, Bella Vista, Arkansas
Recommended: 25 Fast Spring Veggie Sides
- 1 medium head cabbage (about 2 pounds), cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place cabbage in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the butter, chives, onions, parsley, lemon juice and thyme. Drain cabbage; transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle with the herb butter; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cabbage with Herb Butter in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p41
Reviews for Cabbage with Herb Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 27, 2014
"this was very good and perfect for people that aren't crazy about the taste of cabbage. i'll keep it as a go to for company but i like my cabbage a little more straight -forward."