- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs. Place bread crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in eggs, then coat with bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 7-10 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear, adding wing sauce during the last 2 minutes. Turn to coat chicken. Sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and cook until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Buffalo Chicken
"Really liked the taste! Used Tyson frozen chicken tenders prepared according to directions in oven transferred to stove top skillet following rest of recipe to complete. Used cheeses on hand-mozzarella / cheddar. Really quick after working all day! About 1/2 hour total. Hubby loved the spicey kick."
"another family favorite"
"Thought this was a really simple, but delicious, recipe to change up weeknight chicken."
"I made this for my daughter who normally doesn't eat chicken & she ate every bite!"
"An interesting take on lasagne; very rich."
"My whole family loves this chicken! I make a ranch pasta salad as a side that goes with it perfectly."
"YUM! I made this the other night! I pulled out the leftovers and snacked on them while I made dinner last night. I just couldn't get enough. I used the medium wing sauce since I'm not a spicy person & I also used panko bread crumbs (Japanese bread crumbs that have WAY more substance than traditional bread crumbs). The panko bread crumbs made the chicken nice & crunchy. I'll scale back the cheese next time-too much for me & I'll probably try adding some crumbled blue cheese on top for a more traditional take on the whole buffalo style chicken. SOOO glad I tried this one!!"
"Yummy. I use barbeque sauce and don't cook the chicken quite so long."
"My husband and I LOVE this. Very quick to throw together and it tastes great."
"This chicken is amazing! I wouldn't change a thing. Served it with cooked carrots and a potato with butter and sour cream. The chicken is slightly spicy but the cheese on the chicken and the sour cream on my potato toned it down a little. My family ate it and said I could make it again. I definitely will because it was quick, easy, and delicious! Leftovers warmed up good too. This recipe is a keeper!"