Buffalo Chicken Wraps Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 spinach tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Place buttermilk in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in buttermilk, then roll in flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Drain on paper towels; cut into strips.
- In a small bowl, combine hot pepper sauce and butter. Dip chicken strips into mixture, coating both sides. Place chicken in the center of each tortilla. Layer with lettuce, cheese and tomatoes; drizzle with salad dressing. Fold ends of each tortilla over filling; secure with toothpicks if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Buffalo Chicken Wraps(8)
Sort By :
Awesome recipe. I cut the chicken up before cooking it like everyone said. Great idea.
I did not use a cup of oil to fry this in, only a few tablespoons and I only used 2 tablespoons of butter and it still turned out really good!
Just a suggestion.I am from the Buffalo area and if you want authentic use Franks hot sauce. It may be regional but its worth it if you can get it. Another good one is Anchor Bar sauce but I do know that is regional.
I also cut my chicken into strips before I cooked them. Worked out great. My 16year old son loved it. Its going to be a regular in my house.
My family loved these! The only thing I would do differently next time is cut the chicken into strips before breading and cooking. Some of the breading peeled off when I sliced the chicken and then more came off while tossing in the buffalo sauce. Also, to us, the shredded cheese was overkill since there was already blue cheese chunks in the dressing.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >