Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
- 25 whole chicken wings (5 pounds)
- Oil for frying
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Celery ribs and ranch salad dressing, optional
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wings in oil, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the hot sauce and spices. Place chicken in a large bowl; add sauce and toss to coat. Remove to a serving plate with a slotted spoon. Serve with celery and ranch dressing if desired. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Buffalo Chicken Wings
Sort By :
After reviewing other traditional buffalo style wing sauces, one cup of hot sauce may be too much? But no other recipes I could find had 1 cup (two sticks) of butter. Most had from 1/4 to 1/2 cup butter, with various amounts of hot sauce. In all cases, the proportion of hot sauce was always higher than the amount of butter.
If your eating crab legs or lobster the wing sauce would be good. I believe this recipe is incorrect. The correct proportion of butter to hot sauce should be 1/4 cup butter to 1 cup of hot sauce. Not one cup of butter to 1/4 cup hot sauce. Otherwise, your just dipping your wings in a bath of melted butter. I had to add the remainder of the bottle of hot sauce to the already sauced wings, just to make the butter soaked wings edible. I mean, two sticks of butter to just 1/4 cup of hot sauce????
They were awesome. Mixed oikos Greek yogurt with fat free ranch dressing and a little Greek seasoning and it made a great dipping sauce
These are very good. Just the right amount of heat for me. I did use blue cheese dressing instead of ranch. But that would be up to the person eating this.