- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tomato-flavored flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pitted green olives
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery leaves
- Additional Buffalo wing sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, toss chicken with wing sauce. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, salt and pepper; cook and stir until onion is tender.
- Place two tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet; top with chicken and onion mixtures. Sprinkle with Mexican cheese and olives. Top with remaining tortillas. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream and blue cheese. Serve quesadillas with celery leaves, blue cheese sauce and, if desired, additional wing sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
"I made only the quesadillas and not the dipping sauce since we are not blue cheese fans. I didn't have celery or olives, so I used half a bell pepper that I saut?ed with the onion and some black beans instead. Came out terrific."
"Love Love Love this recipe!"
"For a fun twist with extra blue cheese flavor, try using blue cheese stuffed olives!"
"Oh so good...my family loved this recipe; however, we are not big fans of blue cheese so I used ranch dressing to dip. But truthfully did not even need it. One thing...my quesadillas did not brown in the oven so they did not look as perfect as the picture, my family did not seem to care."