Brown Sugar Oat Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Brown Sugar Oat Muffins
Sort By :
Delicious! Perfect breakfast muffins.
Great mild oat muffin! I don't feel like I'm serving cupcakes for breakfast! : ) Entire family loves them warm out of the oven and we even renamed these- "Mommy's Good Morning Muffins"
I also forgot to add to my last review that I also substituted organic coconut oil (melted) instead of the canola oil.. and they were very light and much healthier for my family. :)
I thought that these turned out wonderful! I used organic whole wheat flour and instead of just using vanilla extract, I used 3/4 tsp almond extract & 1/4 tsp vanilla. They turned out so flavorful and even my picky eaters begged for seconds! Because I am a busy mom of four, I mixed up the dry ingredients the night before and just added the wet ingredients the next morning. I am also going to make several more batches of the dry ingredients, package and label them for future breakfast.. so that all I have to do is pull out the bag, add the extract, milk and fresh eggs and breakfast is served!! :)