- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder, curry powder, paprika and pepper
- 2 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the dressing, sugar and seasonings. Add the fish; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 10-30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade; place fillets on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Place 1 teaspoon butter on each fillet; let stand until melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Broiled Cod
"was really good. I didn't have any curry powder, so I used a little cajun seasoning...... will definitely make again."
"This was not the greatest recipe. It was ok on the salmon, but the tilapia it was not good. I think it needed to soak in milk before marinading it to get some of the fishy taste out."
"Not bad...just didn't have much flavor. The marinade smelled amazing but maybe it just needs to sit longer. I marinaded mine for about 20 minutes. I might try this recipe again sometime since it was easy and I feel has potential."
"Tasteless; bland; disappointing. Many better recipes than this."
"The BEST ! ! !"