Bourbon Slush Recipe
At our holiday parties, Bourbon Slush is definitely a favorite. Have fun experimenting with different teas when you make it. We like black tea, green tea and orange spice. —Darcene Sigler, Louisville, OH
- 7 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate
- 2 cups strong brewed tea, cooled
- 2 cups bourbon
- 3 liters lemon-lime soda, chilled
- In a Dutch oven, combine water and sugar; bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat.
- Stir in orange juice and lemonade concentrates, tea and bourbon. Transfer to freezer containers; freeze 12 hours or overnight.
- To serve, place about 1/2 cup bourbon mixture in each glass; top with 1/2 cup soda. Yield: 24 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Bourbon Slush in Simple & Delicious December/January 2014, p1-16
Reviews for Bourbon Slush(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beverages >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cold Beverages >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Potluck Beverage Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Beverages >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Potluck Recipes >