At our holiday parties, Bourbon Slush is definitely a favorite. Have fun experimenting with different teas when you make it. We like black tea, green tea and orange spice. —Darcene Sigler, Louisville, Ohio
Featured In: Holiday Drinks
- 7 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate
- 2 cups strong brewed tea, cooled
- 2 cups bourbon
- 3 liters lemon-lime soda, chilled
- In a Dutch oven, combine water and sugar; bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat.
- Stir in orange juice and lemonade concentrates, tea and bourbon. Transfer to freezer containers; freeze 12 hours or overnight.
- To serve, place about 1/2 cup bourbon mixture in each glass; top with 1/2 cup soda. Yield: 24 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Bourbon Slush in Simple & Delicious December/January 2014, p1-16
Reviews for Bourbon Slush
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2014
"I was looking for something different for new years eve and stumbled on this. Glad I did. Slush was pleasantly refreshing. I split recipe before adding bourbon so i could have non alcoholic version for kids. It worked out great."