- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups whole mushrooms
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst, cut into 1-inch slices
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add the vegetables; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Drain and reserve marinade. On six metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the vegetables and bratwurst. Brush with reserved marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until bratwurst is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 skewers.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Bourbon Brat Skewers
Sort By :
So perfectly yummy. My only complaint is that I have a really hard time getting the brats to stay on the skewer; but that's not really the recipes fault...
Great recipe! First time ever cooking Bratwurst. My boyfriend gobbled it up. He said he could have eaten the whole plate full. =) I used broccli instead of mushrooms. The yummy marinade really clung to it. I would definitley make this again for company!!
We love marinating meat and especially love brats, this is a nice change from cooking them in beer.
The family loved it! Great flavor but not too strong. Left off the mushrooms because I was out.
Very good and easy.