- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups whole mushrooms
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked bratwurst links, cut into 1-inch slices
- In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients until blended. Reserve 1 cup marinade for basting. Add vegetables to remaining marinade; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. On six metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the vegetables and bratwurst. Spoon some reserved marinade over vegetables and bratwurst. Grill, covered, over medium heat 15-20 minutes or until bratwurst is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes. Yield: 6 skewers.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Bourbon Brat Skewers
Sort By :
"So perfectly yummy. My only complaint is that I have a really hard time getting the brats to stay on the skewer; but that's not really the recipes fault..."
"Great recipe! First time ever cooking Bratwurst. My boyfriend gobbled it up. He said he could have eaten the whole plate full. =) I used broccli instead of mushrooms. The yummy marinade really clung to it. I would definitley make this again for company!!"
"We love marinating meat and especially love brats, this is a nice change from cooking them in beer."
"The family loved it! Great flavor but not too strong. Left off the mushrooms because I was out."
"Very good and easy."